05 Nov 8 Key Snapchat Promotion Tips for Local Business Brands
When considering whether to use Snapchat marketing for your business, it is important to note that Snapchat isn’t like other social media platforms. The interactions between businesses and users are much shorter, due to the short-lived nature of the content itself. Unlike Twitter or Facebook, there are no hashtags, URLs, links, likes, comments, or shares. The platform is also entirely mobile.
Although Snapchat doesn’t have the typical characteristics of other platforms, it does have unique attributes that can be very effective for marketing, especially for small businesses.
Leverage your audience to build your following:
- Put your Snapchat username in your bio on other social profiles.
- Make your account’s Snapcode—unique. scannable ghost logo was given to each user that functions like a Snapchat-specific OR code—your profile image on other accounts.
- Recruit ambassadors/influencers to help you spread the word about your brand’s Snapchat account.
Increase User Engagement with Story Replies:
- With the story replies, anyone can reply to a specific photo or video by swiping up from the bottom of the display and opening a new chat window.
- Receiving feedback from your snaps is instant and is a valuable way to measure how your campaign is going.
- Companies are already using story replies to conduct informal contests, host polls, and start Q&A discussions.
Create Customizable On-Demand Geofilters:
- With On-Demand Geofilters you can now create and publish a Geofilter for a business or private event.
- You can buy On-Demand Geofilters for an event or even an entire block — for an hour or up to thirty days.
- Pricing starts at $5 and depends on a few factors including the size of your geofence and the time period.
Offer an Exclusive Discount:
- Give your followers exclusive promotional offers they can only receive through Snapchat.
- Since stories expire after 24 hours. It’s a perfect platform to host flash sates.
- Also, giveaways are great and the quick turnaround keeps customers engaged.
Directly Target Content to Select Followers:
- This works well when sending promo codes to a selected few that meet the criteria of the giveaway, etc.
- Control who sees your snaps by selecting an audience within Snapchat’s message system.
Activate Snapchat Stories:
- Make sure your Snapchat story has a beginning, middle, and end.
- Notice what your favourite brands are doing on Snapchat.
- Try to always have a Story uploaded every day on your account so people can always find out more about your product and followers have something to watch and learn more about your company.
Build Up to a Moment/Event/Product Launch:
- Spread the word about the upcoming event with your target demographic. you can do this by
- Showing behind-the-scenes Snaps.
- Examples could include your manufacturing processes, team outings, workspace environments, and product teasers.
Back You’re Marketing Campaign with Snapchat Ads:
- The potential to go viral in your target demographic is massive.
- It’s less likely to get lost in a news feed, like on Facebook or Twitter.
- Snapchat offers intimacy at scale – an immersive video curated context and no pre-roll.
If you’re looking for digital marketing advice or free consultation then send an email or give us a call! Our experts will help you.
Phone: +(403) 907-0997
Toll-Free: 1(877) 549-7700